Acne can occur at any age. Amongst the contributing factors are abnormal keratinocyte production, retention keratosis, and rapid sebum secretion that feeds on bacteria. Out of the many skin conditions we help manage here at M Spa, acne is the number one challenge that truly requires a professional partnership to overcome. Without measured guidance and monitoring, acne can be difficult to conquer and manage.
CAUSE: Acne is predominantly a genetic disease that triggers malfunction in the pilosebaceous unit. It is characterized by various presentations of blackheads, whiteheads, pimples and sometimes painful cysts. Aestheticians classify acne in grades 1, 2, 3 and 4.
TREATMENT: When you begin treatment with us, we seek to slow sebum production, exfoliate and clear blocked follicles, destroy excess bacteria and halt inflammation. Throughout treatment, professionally and in your home-care routine, changes will be made to constantly stay a few steps ahead of your skin transformation. From lifestyle, diet, allergies and health history, an entire system of maintenance is customized for you based on your skin type, acne type and current skin condition. Constant maintenance is critical to strengthening and healing your skin, so changes will be made as frequently as needed. Your skin will be treated as a whole system to keep you comfortable and safe.
5 Acne Facts & Myths
5. FACT: Home-care is critical. During your professional treatment sessions, we can provide diet counsel, deeply exfoliate, saturate the skin with antibacterial and anti-inflammatory actives, and treat skin with blue LED light but daily home therapy is the key to getting clear fast.
4. FACT: Acne skin is thirsty skin. There is a world of difference between oil and water in skin. Frequently, acneic skin is often badly dehydrated from being bombarded with medicated actives, but deprived of hydration it needs to heal.
3. FACT: Diet matters. Iodine rich foods, whey, excess sugar, soy, and dairy are just a few foods that may be triggers to avoid when you’re trying to clear your skin. Getting an allergy test to rule out sensitivities is a stepping stone to skin clarity.
2. MYTH: You’ll age out of acne. Acne is largely genetic and does not automatically disappear after the teenage years, affecting, unfortunately, adults of all ages.
1. MYTH: Washing hands and disinfecting phones is not important. Acne causing bacteria is the same bacteria present in the follicles of clear skin as in an acne skin, this bacteria becomes problematic when trapped by retention hyperkeratosis. Keeping bacteria out of your pores so it doesn’t have the opportunity to become trapped and cause issues is key.
M Spa provides highly effective, drug free treatment for achieving strong, clear, resilient skin. Get in touch to start your journey to acne free skin today. Our intensive protocols help regulate sebaceous secretion, calm inflammation, eliminate excess bacteria, inhibit 5-alpha reductase enzyme activity and reduce new lesion formation.
Acne consultation 20 min | Complimentary Single acne treatment | $75-$90 (depends on treatment) Series of 3 acne treatments | $200-250 (depends on treatment) Laser acne scar treatment $150 ea | $350 for series of 3
ACNE TIP: Check your pre and post workout shakes for animal milk sourced whey protein, a major acne trigger
This is for skin care-related advice only. It is not intended as, nor is it a substitute for medical advice. Information posted should not be construed as personal medical advice. The reader assumes responsibility for advice applied. We strive for accuracy, but cannot be held responsible for the current validity of data as best practices are in continuous flux. By consuming any of our content, you agree that you will hold us harmless for actions you made as the result of the data.